Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wikis or Cookies????hu3

This week, Miss Fara already assigns us to do some task about WIKIS. It sound like cookies but I really sure it is not about the food at all. At forst I really confuses what is wikis is all about and if I ask Miss Fara, she totally will tell the same things to me like others whicj is, “ask google”…hu3…

I will remember her words until the entire of my life. When I have make some research, I can see what is wikis is all about and it look like the same with the blogspot.com but frankly, blogspot is better rather than this one. It has been create by Ward Cunningham The first wiki, and the WikiWikiWeb, is named after the "Wiki Wiki" line of Chance RT-52 buses in Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii. The website was launched in 2001, and now has more than 1.6 million registered user accounts that have contributed 1.3 million articles and over 63 million edits.

The best part of wikis is the easy to use, compared to web site applications and :

Ò Easy to publish, no link checking or ftp steps needed

Ò Good collaboration tools

Ò Good presentation tool

Ò Rich content possible – graphics or video

No comments: